Sunday, October 3, 2010

Mama/Grady Weekend!

Mikey had to work all weekend (which is rare), so it was just me and "Gray Gray" to spend some time together.  There is so much going on right now and the weather has finally cooled down enough for us to enjoy some outdoor activites.  So, Saturday we ventured up to Jay for the Jay Peanut Festival.  Mikey has been on a boiled peanut kick for a while now, so I was really bummed that he wouldn't be able to join us, but I didn't want to miss it.  It was a lawn mower lovers paradise and we all know that Grady was in heaven.  They had tons of John Deere mowers dating back to the stone age until now!  Grady sat on what seemed like each one of them and was in love!  We also went on a hay ride, train ride, and tried to go on a pony ride but he got scared.  He just wanted to touch it.  And of course we ate some peanuts.  I am so mad, BUT I FORGOT MY CAMERA!!!!  I took lots on my cell phone, but I can't get them onto the computer.  Oh well....

When we got home, we took naps and then made pumpkin sugar cookies. Mostly I made them while Grady snagged cookie dough when he could.


This mixer is loud!! (It was my mom's and it's probably twenty-something years old! But it works perfectly and reminds me of her...)













I had a great weekend with my sweet boy... every time I look at him I realize how he's getting to be a big boy and not a baby anymore.  Although when you say "Grady, are you a big boy?", he replies (rather dramatically), "NO, I'm a BABY!"  I don't know why he says that!

Looking forward to the next few weekends when we'll visit the pumpkin patch and a few other places!

5 comments:

Samantha said...

Criss Cross on the counter -I love it! I hope he thought of his Aunt Sam when he was sticking his fingers in the icing! :)

Send me the Pumpkin Sugar Cookie recipe - Matt just said yesterday that he wanted to make some!

Rob and Macey said...

Omigosh, he is getting to be such a big boy!! He looks like he's grown a lot since I saw him last month! I am glad that Grady has found the best part of making cookies...licking the mixer!!

nancygrayce said...

Oh, that was a nice weekend. The pumpkin sugar cookies sound good....I'd like the recipe too.

Have a good week.

Katie and Beau said...

Love that last picture! Can't wait to hug Gray Gray. And let Anna Cross have a turn biting him back...she's been practicing!!

The Hatcher's said...

I wrote a comment earlier and somehow it never showed up. I too wanted that recipe, but since reading Katie's new post I realized it was just regular sugar cookies.

You and Grady have so much fun together! Your a good mama!