Sunday, October 10, 2010

Fall Festival

 This was our one outing this weekend... St. Rose of Lima Fall Festival in Milton.  We relaxed most of the weekend and then decided to get out and do something fun today.  Let me just say I am glad we didn't set our expectations high!  The whole time we where there all I could think about was coming home to take a bath and especially scrub my feet. There were a few booths there with nothing too interesting, several food booths, some carnival rides and a "petting zoo".  Of course Grady wanted to see the animals in the petting zoo which consisted of a pig, three goats, a cow (I think?), a couple of rabbits, and turtles.  THRILLING!  The pig (named Bacon, who could have become a member of our family for a mere $30) would NOT stop jumping on me and rubbing its snotty, dirty snout all over my legs.  Grady especially enjoyed this, however it only enhanced my desire to come home and take a shower.  Who knew a pig even jumps???  The man told me if I quit backing away Bacon would stop because he thought I was playing. I guess I was sending the wrong signal.   Once I lured Grady out of the stink pit, we wandered around for a  few more minutes and I continued to observe outrageous clothing choices and lovely hair styles (mullets).  I tried to snap a few pictures of these people on the sly, but when your camera requires its own special bag, has a giant neck strap, and a lens that is 6 inches long, it's a little hard to be quick and secretive.  But, man, I REALLYwanted to get a shot of the tie dye shirt under the daisy duke jean overalls.  To be honest, I really felt silly for even bringing a camera and using it!  I only took a couple of pics...








And this is just hilarious to me... Grady likes to wear Mikey's tube socks with NOTHING else... and he pulls the socks all the way up to his heiny. He walks around like this all day. He is pretty much over the diapers. He is doing really great with using the potty (or the grass!), so I am ok with letting him go diaperless! He's such a nut!




9 comments:

nancygrayce said...

Oh, you should have brought Bacon home for Grady. How sweet and dirty!

Grady's little rear is cute.....I hope he's not going to be a nudist! :)

Cathy said...

Too cute!!!

Miranda said...

Awe, poor Bacon! He's a cutie. I hope no one eats him :o( you're description of the camera is PERFECT. I couldn't agree more. Can't be covert with that big ol' thing!

Love Grady's cute little hiney with those socks. Good job with the potty training! That is awesome!

The Hatcher's said...

I didn't know he was potty training! That's exciting! I wonder how he comes up with the idea to put on socks and nothing else. Hilarious!

Samantha said...

Hilarious!!!!!

Katie and Beau said...

LOL! I really am surprised you didn't bring Bacon home. I guess the fish taught you a lesson.

Emily said...

that is so funny. I couldn't stop laughing for like 5 minutes and I think I will go to bed with visions of Grady's hiney racing in my mind!

Rob and Macey said...

You definitely should've brought the pig home! And I love Grady's new outfit!

The Life of Carol said...

decskYou should have bought bacon for Grady, he would be such a cute addition to the White family. I love the new outfit.