Monday, October 18, 2010

Parties, Pumpkin Patches, and Peanuts!

We had a jam packed weekend this weekend and I am exhausted!  But we had loads of fun together.  Saturday morning, we went to breakfast and then headed to Niceville to Jason and Roxanne's house.  It was sweet Adelyn's 1st birthday party.  She is just as cute as can be.  Poor baby had shots the day prior (or maybe 2 days?) and was not feeling up to partying, but she looked precious in her birthday outfit and was a good sport with all those people in her house!  Here is her cake that Roxanne's sister, Misty, made...


And some pics with her mommy and daddy, opening presents, and eating cake...

Adelyn did not enjoy her smash cake too much, but Roxy sure did! (She's my kind of woman!)


We got home around 2 and took a quick nap. Then I met up with my Pea Ridge friends for a wedding. Vicki's daughter- I work with Vicki- got married Saturday night and she looked beautiful! I had fun spending time with my fellow teachers outside of work. We all get along so well!
The bride, Alli
Vicki and her son, Cody
Yvette, Tina, Michelle M., Me, and Michelle B.

While I was at the wedding, Mikey and Grady went downtown for the Greek festival and loaded up on Greek pastries. Yum!

Then on Sunday, we went to Holland Farms which is a peanut farm (among other things) in Jay. They also have a REAL pumpkin patch where we all picked out a pumpkin. We ate boiled peanuts on their big front porch and took a hay ride around the farm. The only thing that could have made the day better is cooler weather!







 Waving to the people on the hayide...





 Eating some boiled peanuts along the way...

 Owner of the farm explaining how peanut grow...



8 comments:

Miranda said...

T'all are always doing something so fun and making so many wonderful memories for Grady. I love looking at and reading your blog. Too cute!
Okay, I was totally about to post with a title of 3 P's too (Playrooms, Playdates, and Pumpkin Pacthes). I think I better hold off a day or two so it doesn't look like I was totally copying you :o)

Miranda said...

Y'all*

Christy said...

Cute cute pics!! I can't believe Adelyn is 1! She is such a doll.

You guys are always doing something fun! Miss ya'll!

nancygrayce said...

Oh, Adelyn is so cute! I'm sorry I missed her party. Sorry she wasn't feeling well!

Such fun in the pumpkin patch! Grady is just the cutest!

I love that head band!

The Hatcher's said...

You were busy this weekend! Grady loves an outside adventure. I can't wait to see you guys soon!

Cathy said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend was had by all. Ya'll are just such a precious family!!!

Rob and Macey said...

That cake looked so awesome! Roxanne's sister did such a great job. It looks like y'all had tons of fun this weekend!

Katie and Beau said...

Thank you so much for posting pics of the bday party! I was so sad all day that I missed it!

Love the pics of Grady at the pumpkin patch! And all you teacher ladies looked so pretty for the wedding! Where did Vicky's daughter get married? And where did you get that headband? You know you can't have things without sending me one, too, now I'm jealous!