Sunday, October 24, 2010

Spiderweb Cookies

I found this really cute recipe for Spiderweb cookies and I thought I'd give it a try!  I used my regular sugar cookie recipe, iced the cookies with royal icing, then dyed some icing brown (the store was out of black).  After icing the cookies, I made a spiral with the brown icing.  I used a ziploc baggie with a TINY part of the tip cut off because I couldn't find my decorator's tip.  It works just fine.  After making the spiral, use a toothpick or skewer to make lines coming from the center all the way to the edge, like this...




 Then voila!  Spiderweb cookies!
 Royal icing hardens as it dries and has a really nice, smooth finish.

On another note....

A few weeks ago, when Nancy was visiting I decided to rearrange the living room.  Grady's toys were overtaking the living room so we decided to make the front area a toy area for him, and have a "normal" living room.  Now he has his own play area and I think the living room looks MUCH larger! 



5 comments:

nancygrayce said...

YUMMMMM, I wish I had one of those cookies right now! O.K. half a dozen!

The living room looks great! You really do have so much more room.

Samantha said...

The cookies are awesome and the living room looks great! That gives you more seating too! I like it!

Miranda said...

Okay Mary Grace, those cookies look adorable AND delicious. I have seen those somewhere before and wondered how easy/difficult they were. Yours turned out absolutely ADORABLE!!! We might just have to make some. :o)
Your house is BEAUTIFUL, by the way!!! LOVE IT! I need you to come over and help me out with some decorating :o)

The Hatcher's said...

Nice job on those cookies! Baby toys do have a tendency to take over! A and E's end up all over the floor everyday.

Katie and Beau said...

I haven't tried the cookies yet but I was going to today until I remember that Beau and I were supposed to start our diet today. Really, the week of Halloween??? Bad idea!

I'm not sure what Santa has on his list for Grady this Christmas, but I really hope it's some toys. I mean, really, how does that boy survive with such few toys to play with?!