Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas from the Whites!

I am wiped out!  We had a great Christmas and I hope you all did, too.  Mikey gave me my gift last night (it's really a family gift)... check it out!





I love it!  Apparently Mikey does not listen when I set price limits on gifts, but this is a perfect gift for our family since we take so many pictures. 

When we woke up this morning, we went in Grady's room to find this:




Apparently we did not respond to him soon enough when he woke up, so he had to resort to stripping his clothes off!

Have I mentioned he's learning to walk?  He just started a few days ago, but is really doing great!  He can walk clear across this room and has gained so much confidence!  Here are some pics of him in action...











We are so excited!  He's really moving now!

After he woke up, we went straight to gifts.  He's not really interested in the unwrapping part.  I thought he would enjoy the paper and the noise, but not really.  He got just a few gifts from us since he's still so little... two pairs of shoes, a puzzle, a popper toy, pj's, and some sort of car toy...














After gifts, we enjoyed the Hatcher family tradition of breakfast casserole.  Grady and Mikey ate it up!  Then the boys took a nap while I started preparing Christmas dinner.  When Grady woke up, I went in his room to find (you guessed it!)...




(He must really not like those PJs!  He's also jumping up and down in his crib!)

Then Grandma came over with loads of gifts... clothes, a shape sorter, miniature cars, a book, and this WONDERFUL chair!




He just loves it!  He can sit independently and just relax.  Thanks Grandma!

Gazing at the tree...



We had some friends over for Christmas dinner.... Mike, Woody, and Roger, plus Elaine and the three of us.  I cooked sweet potato casserole, crock pot mac and cheese, corn casserole, watergate salad, green bean casserole, and Mikey fried his first turkey that was mouth watering.  For dessert we had another Hatcher family favorite, Hummingbird Cake.  We also had sausage balls, cookies, peppermint bark, fudge, and homeade chex mix for appetizers.  I made everyone take a plate home so we wouldn't have so many leftovers!  I'll have to really work it at the gym next week!  I forgot to take pictures during dinner, but we all enjoyed ourselves and the company. 

Here's another picture of Grady relaxing in his chair, drinking his milk before bed time.



I missed my family today and I hope we can all be together for Christmas next year!  I hope you all had a great day! 

Love you all!



6 comments:

Rob and Macey said...

Sounds like y'all had a great Christmas! Love the camera!:) Don't worry, Rob doesn't listen to our price limits either!

Samantha said...

1. Merry Christmas!!!
2. Love the family photo.
3. I can't believe how well Grady is walking! I want a VIDEO ASAP!!!
4. The new camera is awesome!
5. I wish you lived closer.
6. Love and miss you guys lots!

nancygrayce said...

AWWWWW! What a sweet Christmas! Grady will be dressing himself next!

I love the camera!!! That's what I want, but I don't think I'll be getting one since I won't learn how to use it!

The Hatcher's said...

What a fun day you all had! Sounds like you were a busy cook too. By the way, we are still planning to come in the Spring. We should talk dates soon so Brian can block out his calendar.

Katie and Beau said...

Merry Christmas! We missed y'all. Glad everyone had a great day.

Cathy said...

Merry Christmas to you all!! Grady looks so pleased with himself that he is walking and taking his clothes off. Ya'll may have to move to a "clothing optional" neighborhood!! Love you all!!