Sunday, October 11, 2009

I guess I have been slacking a little bit with the blog... we haven't been doing much lately, so I haven't had anything so say!  (Shocking, I know!) Let me think if there is anything interesting to tell you...

Yesterday afternoon was my school's Pow Wow, which is like our school's carnival.  We all went up and Mikey walked around with Grady and of course, saw a million people he knows, and I worked the ticket booth for a little while.  It was very crowded and was a big success, which is great, because it's our school's biggest fundraiser.

Last night, Mikey and I went to a 60th birthday party for his best friend's dad, Jerry.  It was a 70s theme party.  Of course, I waited till the last minute was really busy and didn't get a chance to find costumes until the DAY OF.  So, we went to the Waterfront Mission and found Mikey some awesome baby blue pants and a brown polyester/silk shirt.  He borrowed a pair of white platform shoes from a friend, wore a red velvet hat, and a pair of sunglasses to bring it all together.  I, only the other hand, could not find ANYTHING.  It is so frustrating to only find tight, short dresses with go-go boots because, let's be honest, no one wants to see my butt hanging out the bottom of a dress.  So I decided to go hippy style and wear my jeans with a tie dye shirt, these little suade boots, and a peace headband.  Here's the pics....


Elaine came over and watched Grady for us so we could have the night off.  It was nice to be able to sit down and socialize with friends instead of constantly be entertaining a baby!  Plus, the party was at 6pm, and Grady is pretty much a crank-pot after that.  But we had a good time and the costumes came together even though we didn't plan in advance!

Nothing new is really happening with Grady.  Well, I shouldn't say that, because it seems like he does new things everyday, but they are probably not that interesting to y'all!  I'll tell you anyway. :)

He is consisently waving "bye-bye" now, and at appropriate times.  He can stand up completely unsupported for a few seconds at a time... he wants to walk so bad, sometimes he moves his feet faster than he can keep up with!  He loves to stand up and walk along the couch and coffee table.  He said "Mama" the other day! (Although I know he was just making the sound, it's still the first time he's said the mmmm sound).  He no longer eats baby food, he has graduated to "human food" as Mikey calls it... as if we were feeding him animal food before!  He doesn't even like baby food anymore.  Yesterday for breakfast, we went to Village Inn and since kids eat free on Saturdays, we ordered him something from the kid's menu... grilled cheese sticks, and sliced bananas.  He could pick up the bananas and the sandwich all by himself and take a bite!  It's nice to feed him the same things we eat and not have to buy jarred food anymore.  His 6th tooth is coming down, so he now has 2 on the bottom and 4 on the top.  And on a sadder note, he has severe diaper rash right now.  In the past 2 days, he has had diarrhea 11 times!  The doctor said he has bug.  So, it's a viscious circle trying to cure the diaper rash and the diarrhea.  We have to put on Mylanta (acid neutralizer), A and D ointment, Triple Paste, and some kind of powder every time we change his diaper.  It's a process and up until this morning he would SCREAM bloody murder every time we did it.  He also won't sit down in the bath b/c the water hurts his bootie, so I have had to take showers with him and just put him under the water as little as possible.  We are going to try for a bath tonight, because so far today he hasn't cried when I've changed him. 

I guess for saying there is nothing new, I sure did say a lot!  Here are some pics...



Shortly after this pic with the vacuum, he fell over and the vacuum hit him in the head!  Let me just say, this was under Daddy's supervision! 


Yummy bananas for breafkast...

Waving bye bye


I still need to get a video of him waving bye bye... Aunt KK has been asking for one for some time now.  I'll post one soon!

5 comments:

Rob and Macey said...

Sounds like you had fun at the party. I hate dressing up for costume parties. Grady is doing so much now! I can't wait to see him again. He'll be running around the next time I see him. :)

nancygrayce said...

Your costumes were adorable! And of course Grady is always adorable! Poor little hiney!

Katie and Beau said...

Love the pics! I see he's getting braver around the vacuum!

Samantha said...

He is so cute, MG! It's crazy how fast he is change and growing up! I can't wait to see you all again! Come visit me! :)

JC said...

He looks SO tall. Even in the 2 weeks its been since I have seen him. I miss that little face!