Monday, October 19, 2009

Brrr... It's Cold Outside

Yesterday, Grady enjoyed a walk in his wagon, but it sure was chilly.  I guess I need to start investing in some winter clothes (notice the mismatched hat/gloves/hoodie/socks), because last winter, he was just a newborn!




(Back inside)

In more news, Grady has been to the doctor for the third time in a week.  Last Friday, the 9th, he began having a HORRIBLE diaper rash.  I mean, the worst I've ever seen.  I know I haven't seen that many, but it was bad.  He clinched onto me when I tried to sit him down in he tub, he screamed and cried hysterically every time I changed him- it was heartbreaking.  So I took him into the doctor on the following Monday.  We waited for 2 HOURS.  The doctor (a fill-in, not our regular ped) told us to use neosporin and lotrimin.  She did not even give that poor boy a presciption.  I went by our pharmacy and got something called "Miracle Butt Paste" that the pharmacist mixes up himself, and used that instead.  By Thursday, much of the rash seemed to have cleared, but then he had tiny little bumps everywhere.  So I took him back to the doctor on Thursday, where I spent another 2 HOURS.  I saw our regular doc this time and she said it was Staph, so she gave him a topical antibiotic.  By this point, Mikey and I had pretty much decided to find a new doctor.  We really like our pediatrician (NOT the fill in), but we couldn't stand waiting this long every time.  It was getting ridiculous.  She always spends a long time with each patient, including us, and we really like that, but it came down to her just having TOO many patients.

So we found a new doctor on Friday, and I actually had the chance to meet him today at Grady's THIRD drs appt in a week!  His staph has not gone away AT ALL, so I took him in.  He said Grady needs an oral antibiotic instead of topical.  He is also pretty sure it's MRSA, but he didn't seem overwhelmingly concerned.  He even gave me my flu shot while I was there!

Anyway, long story not-so-short, I hope Grady's bumps go away sooner rather than later, and I hope to see his new doctor again later rather than sooner.  Man, kids are exhausting!

4 comments:

nancygrayce said...

Poor baby! I'm so glad he's better, but that was a hurting bootie! In the first picture in the wagon, he's looking down like he's thinking....who in the world dressed me! :)

The Hatcher's said...

Oh MG, I am sorry to hear that. I don't know if you remember, but Jacob and Layla got MRSA. Layla's sad excuse for a mother did not act fast enough and she ended up in the hospital. Good thing you have it under control. Also MRSA is really contagious so be careful. My parents and Justin managed to avoid getting it, and Jacob and Layla never had it again so I am sure Grady will be feeling better soon. We'll say a prayer for him to feel better.

Cathy said...

Calmoseptine.....trully, it is a miracle worker. A friend of mine whose baby had cronic diarrhea and so lots of diaper rash told me about it........I have a tube you can have....are you going to be over this way anytime soon???

Katie and Beau said...

Sweet pictures. I love that boy!