Saturday, August 8, 2009

Weekend Update

Here are some pictures of Grady I took today. He is never still and loves to explore. Several people have commented on how active he is. The days of just being held are long gone! I used to get tired of holding him all the time and now I just want some of that time back! But it is so sweet when he does let me hold him and he buries his face in my neck. He is becoming such a loving baby.







Look at him standing up! Can you believe it? He's leaning against the door, of course, but he can do it without me holding onto him. Time really flies.

Here he is looking at himself in the mirror (he must get that from his daddy). He loved it! He kept trying to figure out why he couldn't "get out" of the mirror. See him bending down looking for himself?





Later on this afternoon, we went to my friend Macey's parents house. She and Rob are back home visiting from VA. They moved away last year. Her parents had a cookout for family and friends and we had a great time! Rob's cousin, Chris and his wife Mia have a little boy (Thor) who is 15 months and a CUTIE PIE! Grady liked watching him and playing with him, too. I didn't get any pictures (I was too busy eating my hamburger while I had the chance), but Mia took several and I'm hoping she will post them on her blog. Here is Macey with Grady...



And Veronica...



Yesterday, I took Grady to the beach again and we had a wonderful time. I didn't get any pictures because we spent most of our time in the water. Grady was a good boy, even slept on my shoulder for about 45 minutes, and woke up ready to party again. It was still a struggle getting everything to and from the beach, but well worth it. Grady is becoming a tan fannie! (Me, not so much...)

So far, it's a great weekend! Tomorrow, we are going to Pensacola's Shark Tournament down at the pier. Hopefully we'll see some big DEAD sharks (that means less of them lurking in the water!) :) Look for pictures tomorrow!

5 comments:

nancygrayce said...

I can absolutely NOT believe he is standing up! I'm coming over there soon.....if not, he'll be riding his bike! He is so adorable...love you. He's just a big, sweet muffin! :)

Cathy said...

I told you that baby will be walking before you know it!! He is so cute!!

Samantha said...

He's standing up!!!! Oh my goodness! He is so big and old now! How cute is he when he's standing up a like a big kid? I love it!!!

P.S.
Ellie is really cute too! I'm glad they are buddies.

The Hatcher's said...

You are going to have to watch him like a hawk! He's going to be a busy boy!

Rob and Macey said...

I'm so glad you were able to come to the cookout. Grady is ADORABLE!!! I really enjoyed meeting him. He's such a sweet baby!