Sunday, August 2, 2009

One Last Nerve...

and Grady's on it. He has NOT been sleeping well the past three nights. He's been waking up at 2 am and staying up until 4 am! And last night, he stayed up until 5 am! I don't know what is happening. Normally, I would let him cry it out, but last night, I walked into his room after 30 minutes of crying, and this is what I saw-



He has never been able to pull up before! It's a new accomplishment. He was standing there, bouncing, and screaming at the top of his lungs! Boy, am I glad I went in there, because we have not yet lowered his crib mattress. So, being the paranoid mother that I am, I took him out because I feared he would flip himself over the railing and fall out. (I realize now that he would probably have to grow Hercules muscles overnight in order to hoist himself over the railing, but it was 3 am!) I tried to make him sleep with me, but all he did was crawl over to his daddy and try to play. I decided he most likely would not fall out of the crib, so I took him back into his room to try to get him back to sleep. At this point, he had been up for well over an hour and decided he wasn't in the mood to sleep. I finally just let him play for a while and then he went back to sleep at 5 am. I laid pillows all over the floor in case he stood up and fell out! So now, I have COMPLETELY back-tracked my "cry-it-out" techniques in every way! Now he's learned that if he cries loud enough and stands up in his crib, I will come get him and he can come in the big bed, play with Daddy, and then play wuth his toys! I am NOT looking forward to tonight!

And to top it all off, he would not go down for a nap this morning! I just got him to sleep and all I want to do is take a nap, but I feel too guilty with all the housework that needs to be done (so instead, I am blogging). :)

We fixed his mattress... much better!

11 comments:

Samantha said...

Look at that face!!! He's like "Mom, are you really going to leave me in here again? I just wanna get out of here!"

I can just imagine you picturing him toppling over the edge of the crib! He's is SO big now!

Where is the video of him crawling?!

The Hatcher's said...

Wow! I wish I had some advice to offer. You mentioned he might be getting some new teeth. Maybe that is what woke him up.

The Hatcher's said...

Next step. Walking. Get ready for that.

The Hatcher's said...

Love Brian

The White Family said...

I think we have a few more months before he starts walking, but he is definitely a mover. I'll get a video up soon, Sam!

Katie and Beau said...

WAIT! He's crawling now? You didn't even tell me that yet!!!!

Rob and Macey said...

You are too funny! I would have totally put all the pillows around the crib, too.

Cathy said...

I bet he walks way before his first Bday. He is so cute, standing there calling you!! As our Cmama would say "this, too, shall pass."

Cathy said...

Oh, and I also would do anything to keep from doing housework....but you will be happy to know that I organized my pantry...I cleaned out my linen closet too!!

nancygrayce said...

AWWWWW!!! Look at that boy standing! He's so cute I don't know how you could get mad....wait did you say 2 a.m. Never mind! :)

Katie and Beau said...

Soooooooooo...how's it going with sleep this week?