Tuesday, August 25, 2009

First Day of School... and some pictures!

The kiddos came back to school yesterday. It was a good first day, but I forgot how DETAILED I have to be during the first week of school... this is how you line up, this is how you ask for water, this is where you turn papers in, blah blah blah. It really is so exhausting! But I have some cute kids and I've already told Mikey which names he will be hearing everyday for the next 180 days (Anthony and Samantha). Stinkers. Here are some pictures of my new INSIDE THE BUILDING classroom!! It's still a work in progress, but getting there. And, just so you know, I used to be Hatcher's Hall of Fame (as in Rock and Roll)... but now I'm a White, but I was not about to come up with a new theme and redecorate. So we are sticking with White's Hall of Fame. Not so catchy, but it was better than White's Wackos or White's Weirdos. :)






Grady is doing well at Mrs. Kaye's, having fun with his friends, but yet SO happy when Mama gets there to pick him up. And by 3:30 or 4, I can't wait to see him either. He is VERY energetic. I mean VERY. But the good news is, he must wear himself out during the day because he is sleeping WONDERFULLY. I have earned the right to brag about this because I went through pure torture for 7 (almost 8) months! This past weekend, he slept almost 13 hours on Friday night and then again on Saturday night! Normally he sleeps about 11 1/2. And he barely puts up a fight anymore (at night time, anyway). Still working on nap time, but I'm just going to focus on the positives of sleeping well at night right now! Praise the Lord! I needed that so much since going back to work.

Here are a few (ok, maybe a tad more than a few) pics of "Gray Gray"...






He loved the strawberry I was feeding him, but when I put it in his little sucker type utensil, he decided it wasn't so good!




7 comments:

Cathy said...

He is just growing so fast and turning into a little boy and not so much a baby!! He is precious....Good luck at school!!

Rob and Macey said...

You have an INSIDE classroom? You go girl!:) The classroom looks great! And I don't think I would like the strawberry either, if it had that sucker thing on it. Grady is as cute as ever!

Katie and Beau said...

oh. my. gosh. he is so cute! i love the overalls. come visit so i can kiss that boy.

i love your room...so much space for organization. i forgot about the whole name change thing.

nancygrayce said...

Your room looks great! Of course, after that "How to Take Care of Ellie" handbook, I knew you were born to teach!

O.K. Grady is the cutest little boy! I love the look on his face when you gave him the strawberry in that little thing....But the one of him sitting on the floor grinning just made my heart melt!

And as for your students, do any of them match up to M.B.???

The Hatcher's said...

Your classroom sure does have lots of computers.That is great!

Also, I am wondering if Grady look a little like Big T? Have you ever seen pictures of your dad as a baby?

Emily said...

Your room looks great. You have so many cubbies to put things in.

And oh my gosh I love the picture of Grady laughing! He has got such a personality and it shows up so well through the camera. I love it!

Samantha said...

Oh my goodness! He is so cute! I love the picture of his hair all wild and that big grin on his face!

Mrs. White... You could always do... White's Wizards. White's Workers. White's Wok N Wollers (just embrace the speech impediments-ignore this Katie). Really... you could have done a lot with White's Weirdos. :)

I love your new room!! It looks awesome! That theme is the best (I do a lot of Rockstar stuff in my room). You have a lot of space!