Tuesday, August 18, 2009

New School Year

I went back to work yesterday, and I must be honest... I could not WAIT to go back to work. As much as I'd like to say I am stay at home mom material, I really don't think I am. I love spending time with Grady, of course, but I was bored staying home all day. If I had a group of "stay at home mom" friends and we had play dates and things, I might be more inclined to do it, but singing nursery rhymes and playing on the floor all day gets old! And we all know how much Grady hates nap time, so that was a struggle many days as well! After coming home to a really grumpy wife a few times, Mikey told me, "YOU NEED TO GO BACK TO WORK!!!" (And I was also told I need medication... men don't have a clue what having a baby does to your hormones!) :)

So, although I really miss Grady throughout the day, and of course I feel guilty taking him to the sitter, I am very happy to be working outside the home again. But I'm sad he will probably start crawling at Kaye's house and not at home with me even though I worked with him ALL summer. (He's almost doing it!) It's so awesome to see his face when I pick him up! OH, and he waves bye-bye now!

Here are some pics of our energizer bunny...




Peek-a-boo!



Crawling to Mama...



Well if you won't get the toys down for me, I'll go up and get them!






Going, Going, Gone!





(And then Daddy let him tip the dog bowls over and he got soaking wet!)

Grady LOVES to watch his daddy mow the grass. I mean, LOVES it. If we are inside, he wants to watch out the door. If we are outside, he just stares at him the whole time and when he rounds the corner closest to us, he bounces and squeals and waves his hands like a crazy man. Mikey can hear him squealing over the sound of the lawn mower! Do you think he'll be a John Deere boy?





Don't worry, he wasn't going to fall off, but Daddy was standing right out of the camera lense just in case he got wobbly!

7 comments:

nancygrayce said...

He's so grownup! Look at him exploring the house, and yes, I think he will be a John Deere man! I'm glad you are back at work so Mikey doesn't have you committed! :) love you

Cathy said...

I kept Maggie for the first eighteen months of her life and I never told them when she did something new. I let them see for themselves when they got home. That way it was a first for all of us! He is just the cutest little boy I have ever seen!!

Samantha said...

Look at him go! He is so cute!

Rob and Macey said...

I'm with you MG, I think I HAVE to work. Last year while I was out of work looking for a job, I drove Rob CRAZY! I just talked, talked, talked when he got home. Grady looks super cute on the lawn mower!!

Christy said...

"That's the cutest little baby I've ever seen" ~ Greg Canady
He loves to look at pictures of Grady! We think he is so adorable. I just giggle when I see him!

I've always said that I would still want to work when I have kids... of course, I don't have anything to measure that by, but sometimes I get bored over long weekends! And if I'm home a long time, I'm more likely to be less productive around the house than more productive...lazy is as lazy does, I guess.

Katie and Beau said...

ha ha he is hilarious! bring him to visit me and ac!!!

dont feel guilty about going back to work. ive already started looking for jobs :)

good idea, cathy! you are the best grandma.

Emily said...

Love the pics in the lawn mower! I think that one should be sent in to a baby pic competition. It has winner written all over it!