Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Visit From Aunt Sam

This weekend, my good friend Samantha came to visit and meet Grady for the first time. We met in college during our last two years of the elementary education program. We became fast friends and made many lasting memories... we reminisced on many of those this weekend!

Sam took good care of Grady and gave us a free hand for a while to do things around the house. She experienced first hand how much Grady likes to be held (ALL THE TIME). Luckily she likes to hold babies! We had a fairly uneventful time, but enjoyed each others company... we took trips to Wal Mart, Target, and the mall which are much easier with two adults than alone so it was definitely nice to have Sam here. And of course Grady loved her!






We bought one of those bouncy exercise balls and have made a new use out of it- sitting on it and bouncing Grady. He is mesmerized by the motion and we enjoy the peace and quiet!

He is getting bigger with each passing day. He is 9 pounds, 5 ounces and finally filling in his onesies.

We are still working on a schedule. It changes everyday as we are experimenting to find a schedule that maximizes our sleep time at night! He is feeling better, but he is still a little snotty and congested. Hopefully he will be 100% soon!

Here are some pics from the weekend...

First trip to Lowes...loved it like his daddy, but eventually wore him out!




On the bouncy ball...





5 comments:

pnylitehouse said...

Grady you are just too CUTE ! I enjoyed each one. That Mom and Dad thanks for your own webpage with updates and pictures. Grady if you can sleep scream as loud as you want cur your still a baby and that's what babies do.
Love to all Great Aunt Pam

nancygrayce said...

Ah, He's so cute!! So are you of course too!

Samantha said...

I miss you guys already! I had so much fun this weekend! Going back to work today wan't any fun... Thanks for everything! I can't wait until our next visit! Love you guys!!!

Christy said...

I'm not sure how many times I can tell you how cute Grady is! He is so precious and adorable!! You look great too MG! I'm glad that you got to spend some time with your Sam. I can't wait until I can meet BG! I'm sure he'll be all grown up and chatting my ears off by then!

Katie and Beau said...

His eyes are so big!