Monday, January 11, 2010

Back to the Grind...

We've had a busy past several days and I am finally finding some time to post pictures!  We left for Tampa on the 31st (New Year's Eve) to visit Mikey's sister and brother in law.  Grady was excited to see his Aunt Jenine and Uncle Phil and had fun exploring new territory. 

Sitting in the dog's bed....


He is walking up a storm now... just non-stop on the go. 








We did not go out anywhere for New Year's Eve.  We just hung out at the house and Jenine cooked some yummy appetizers for us.  Jenine and Phil got Grady lots of wonderful Christmas presents.  He enjoyed opening them and playing with them all!  Thanks guys!






Daddy loved that I put a Christmas bow in his hair.  He was just ecstatic about that. 

We really did pack clothes for the child, but he was so energetic and never sat down, so he worked up a sweat!  I took his clothes off since he was so warm!

On Friday (New Year's Day) we went to Ikea in search of a toy box for Grady.  His toys have taken over the house and we have virtually no fireplace now, so we have been looking everywhere for a toy box.  We would like to find a nice wooden one that matches with the rest of the living room furniture since that is where Grady plays.  We didn't find one at Ikea, but we still enjoyed walking around. 

On Saturday we ate at Crispers, went to Babies R Us and then came home and relaxed.  Sunday morning we left pretty early so we could get home and settled in.  I had to go back to work the next day.

It has been a long week back at work and Grady has been having some separation anxiety when I drop him off at Kaye's house in the mornings.  It is hard to leave him when he cries, but I know he stops as soon as she says the word "breakfast". 

Tuesday night, I got to see Macey and Rob while they were here for Christmas.  Veronica also came and it was so good to see all of them.  I miss our weekly girls' night dinners!  Almost everyone has moved away!

This weekend we have stayed indoors since it's been so cold outside.  It has been about 30-40 degrees during the day and even colder at night.  A few mornings when I've left for work it has been in the teens.  Sure makes it hard to get out of bed!  Even the pond has frozen and has been that way for days!

Grady has a new girlfriend by the way.  Her name is Little Debbie and he is IN LOVE.  Particularly with Swiss Cake Roll...




6 comments:

nancygrayce said...

I'm so glad you put pictures up!!! Isn't it funny how kids love dog beds and kennels?

I also love Grady's new girlfriend!

Cathy said...

Little Debbie has been a favorite around here for years!! They were my kids bedtime snacks.....that wasn't a bad thing way back then!!
Grady is so cute walking, I would love to see him!

Katie and Beau said...

Wow, he is so tall! What a cutie! Love that last pic. P.S. We all have a love affair with Little Debbie in this house. It may help explain why pants aren't fitting too well now-a-days!

Miss ya!

Samantha said...

He's such a cute little walker! He's getting so big!

I'm glad to see you are back into your routine. It's so hard after the long break and especially when it is cold outside! Miss you guys!!

Rob and Macey said...

Sounds like you had fun on New Years'! I am so glad we got to see you while we were in town. I wish I had more time. I'll definitely be able to see you (and Grady!) more in the Spring. I can't wait!!:)

The Hatcher's said...

He really is growing up fast! I love the pictures in his diaper!