Saturday, January 23, 2010

Wild Man!

Not much has been happening at the White house lately, just the usual life of keeping up with a one year old.  Now that Grady is walking, he never slows down and he finds trouble everywhere he goes.  From taking dirt out of the indoor potted plants to climbing on furniture, he is non stop action.  I'm really enjoying this age, though, because he is learning so much, communicating more, and mimicking everything we do.  He knows where his nose is (and mine, too), knows where his belly is, and if I say "Oh My!", he puts his hands on his cheeks.  When I sing "If you're happy and you know it", he knows to clap even before I say it.  He even did it the other day when I was just whistling the tune!  He loves to blow raspberries on my belly like we do to him.  If I lay on the floor, he comes right up, pulls my shirt up, and blows on my stomach.  He thinks the noise is hysterical.  He is also really into his stuffed animals right now.  He hugs them all the time and loves to lay down with them.   He also does that with Ellie, although she tries to get away more often than not!  He loves to go outside and walk around the patio.  He's not so fond of the way the grass feels on his feet, but if Daddy is in the shed, he'll tolerate it and walk completely across the yard.  Today, we finally got him to wear shoes outside while he was walking, but he had some difficulty.  He is not a fan of shoes (he definitely didn't get that from me!)  Since he's discovered this new walking thing, he really doesn't like naps anymore.  I finally got him to take 2 naps a day not so long ago and now it's a struggle again.  It usually takes about an hour for him to take an afternoon nap.  He just wants to play.  BUT I NEED A BREAK!!!!!!!

Here are some pics from the past week. It's finally warmed up just a little, so we have gone outside to swing.

























4 comments:

Katie and Beau said...

I love him! What a ham!

Rob and Macey said...

He's such a doll! I'm excited to see you in March! I can't wait to see Grady again!:)

Samantha said...

"Future Rock Star" - I love it! He is the cutest kid! He's so happy and fun! I miss you guys so much!!! Come to Lakeland!!! Don't we have a 3 day weekend in February???

nancygrayce said...

Aww! He's just the cutest! I want to get over and spend a little time with the guy!