Saturday, January 30, 2010

Football, Four Wheeling, and Fun

Last weekend the Jets played in the playoffs, so you know what we were doing between the hours of 2 and 5!  Grady dressed for the occasion and even though this outfit was WAY to small, I thought Mikey would appreciate the team spirit on Grady's part.  It was so small it was gapping between the snaps and the bottom half looked like leggings.  I think it really brought out his great qualities (i.e. double chin).  He didn't seem to mind!



He is loving the patio and backyard... can't wait till it warms up and he can actually play out there.  He is even more in love with the 4 wheeler.  He can't get enough.  He loved cruising around the yard with Daddy.




Mikey and I went by ourselves this afternoon while "Uncle Mike" and his daughter Kaitlyn watched Grady for us.  We used one of their 4 wheelers and went out on the trails for about an hour.  Let me just say that I don't really think I'm the "extreme sports" kinda gal.  Not only did I get soaked and muddy, but I hit a stump, my 4 wheeler took a turn for the worst and slammed into a tree.  I ended up on the ground.  Mikey was in front of me and did not realize this happened, so off he goes deeper into the woods as I lay there stunned.  After yelling as loud as I could (which is not very loud when you have laryngitis), I realized my Prince Charming was not coming back, so I peeled myself off the ground and tugged that 4 wheeler back into position.  (I did not know how to put it in reverse, of course, so I just yanked and pulled and tugged on my own!).  Back home, safe and sound, I have a sore leg, back, and hip.  And I will not be doing that again anytime soon.

On another note, we've been busy with Grady, work, and trying to be healthier.  Mikey's been getting up at 5 am and going to the gym before work.  He hates not seeing Grady in the morning, but he enjoys working out and starting the day out that way.  I have been going back to spinning for about a month now.  I pick Grady up from Kaye's in the afternoon, get to spend about 15 minutes with him and as soon as Mikey gets home, I leave for class.  I hate that my time with Grady is so limited on those days, but it's the one of the many things I enjoy that I gave up when Grady was born (and you can DEFINITELY tell!).  I've lost 20 pounds so far... only five hundred thousand to go!

Here are a few more pics of Grady...
Think it's time for a hair cut????  I think he likes the pony tail.



11 comments:

Samantha said...

I LOVE his outdoor gear! He looks so cute with the crocs and vest! I just want to squeeze him!!

Good for you and Mikey going to the gym! 20 pounds is a LOT! You go girl!!

nancygrayce said...

You could have killed yourself! I'm relieved you didn't!

Grady is too cute in his vest! He is a doll baby!

love you all!

Cathy said...

You need to be careful......those things are dangerous!! I am really glad you were not hurt badly....Grady is adorable!!!

Katie and Beau said...

Please please be careful. You could have gotten a head injury.

He is just too cute! No longer a baby, a little boy!

Rob and Macey said...

I just love Grady's outfits! He is a stylish little man!:) I think Katie is right, you could've gotten a head injury. Do y'all wear helmets when you go out on the four wheeler?

aydenandru said...

that was so funny.. i know it hurt but that's how i'd be too!! hellllllllllp, fine he can't hear me so i'm just going back haha
the boy is sooo cute! and congrats on losing 20 lbs. that is great!!!

The White Family said...

PS- Yes, we wear helmets everyone! Don't worry!

Jason and Roxy said...

He is a doll!!

Glad to know you wear a helmet b/c my first thought was the same as KT's... TBI!

Samantha said...

...I'm a great friend... I didn't even mention anything about your crash...

I'm glad you didn't get REALLY hurt. :) - love ya!

The Hatcher's said...

I can't believe you wrecked! I am so glad you are okay. That could have been serious.

Grady starting to look like a little boy instead of a baby! I can't believe how big he is getting!

katieaddis said...

Congrats, MG!