Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Baptism Weekend

What a great weekend we had with family and friends!  Jenine and Phil arrived on Friday night, and we saw them first thing on Saturday morning.  Later that day, we went to the "Oyster and Beer Festival" in downtown Pensacola which pretty much consisted of two booths and a dozen people.  I expected more of a crowd, but this was it's first running in Pensacola, so maybe next year they will vamp it up a little more. We ended up leaving there and going to Sam's Seafood across from Joe Patti's for lunch.  We then walked over to Joe Patti's after lunch to browse around and look at all their wonderful seafood. 

Sunday morning, Grady took a 45 minute nap which REALLY stressed me out because it was his big day and I did not want a fussy baby.  Then to make matters worse, Samantha (Grady's godmother and my best friend) calls me and says she is stuck in ATL and won't make it here in time for the baptism.  I was so upset!!!!  And she was too.  I threw a small temper tantrum about how things just never work out for me and then I realized it was Samantha who was sitting in an airport for an additional 6 hours and I felt selfish! 

We had a lot of family and friends meet us at the church.... my dad, Nancy, Russell, Cathy, Carol, Elaine, Jenine, Phil, Jerry, Sara, Mike, Jeremy, Kristin, Brannon, Matt, Noah, Angela... I sure hope I am not leaving anyone off the list!  In fact, the pastor even made a comment about how we brought half of Pensacola with us!  Grady is loved!  Unfortunately, our senior pastor was out on Sunday and the minister of missions is the person who baptized Grady.  I was really expecting Dr. Wachob to do it and was sad that he wasn't there, but it was ok.  Grady was a good boy and it was a special time for us.

We all came back to the house afterwards for good fellowship and food.  We had baked ziti, subway sandwiches, oriental salad, grape salad, greek salad, chips, stuffed mushrooms, chicken pinwheels, and cake (thank you to all who contributed!!!).  Grady fell asleep as soon as everyone left, and I even had to wake him up for dinner!  Samantha arrived at about 3 pm and although she missed the party, we enjoyed our visit together (she left this morning).

On a frustrating note... I ended up with NO pictures!  I am always wrapped up with Grady and taking care of him that I never get to take any pictures or be in any pictures with him.  I am very upset that we didn't get a family picture outside of the church on Sunday.  That was the ONE picture I wanted to get, and I forgot.  If any of you took pictures, please send them to me.  I will post them on the blog when I get them. 

Mikey and I want to say thank you to everyone who came!  We love you all couldn't ask for better friends and family to be in Grady's and our lives! 

5 comments:

Samantha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Samantha said...

Love you. Love Grady. Love Mikey. You all are the best! I'm sorry I missed the baptism, but I had a great time visiting! Grady is the sweetest!

and... I am now very familiar with the Atlanta Airport... If anyone needs to know anything about terminal B, let me know!

Katie and Beau said...

Glad y'all had a nice time! Wish we could have been there.

Hope to see pics soon!

Jason and Roxy said...

Glad things went well, but I wish Sam could've made it and you would've gotten the pic you wanted. I hate it when that happens... I seem to do that all the time!!

Rob and Macey said...

Y'all did have half of Pensacola there! :) Grady is definitely loved! I'm sorry to hear Sam got stuck in the airport! I've been stuck a time or two or three, it definitely sucks! It sounds like you had a nice visit though.:)