Thursday, September 24, 2009

Time for an Update

This past weekend, we had a visit from Mikey's sister, Jenine. She hadn't seen Grady since he was 4 months old, so it was time for a visit! She came in late Friday night after Grady had gone to bed, but Mikey was sure to take her in Grady's room to take a look at him while he was sleeping!

Saturday, Grady woke up bright and early (FIVE THIRTY!!), but Jenine was up with him ready to play. He has started standing in his crib and I don't think he knows how to sit back down, so once he stands up, we have to go get him. He took a little morning nap and then we went to lunch and to look for some clothes for Grady. It was a pretty uneventful day... we just hung out and played with Grady.

Sunday morning, Elaine and Jenine went to the 8:30 church service and Mikey and I went to the 11 o'clock service. We had planned to go downtown to something called "Taste of Pensacola" in which there were supposed to be several food vendors from Pensacola. Elaine and Jenine went early while Grady napped, but called us shortly after they arrived there and said that there were only 2 vendors! Apparently the rain the day before and projected rain for Sunday caused the vendors not come. So they came over to our house instead and (you guessed it!) played with Grady. Then we went to dinner at Red Robin... Grady was a handful at dinner... throwing toys, being noisy, etc, but we still had a good time.

Jenine had to leave early Monday morning to go back to Tampa and even had to go into work that day. We enjoyed the visit and were happy that she came to see Grady!


(I stole this from her FB page... hope you don't mind, Jenine!)


Here are a couple of videos I took of Grady moving along the couch. He still hasn't crawled the correct way, and I'm not sure he ever will. He likes to pull up on things now and walk along the edge. Please ignore my annoying voice.  I hate hearing myself on video!  I'm sorry the videos are parallel with the screen... it won't let me rotate them! Hopefully you have a lap top and can turn the whole computer...


Video 2


This weekend, we may go to the Seafood Festival, but who knows.  Sometimes Grady likes to ruin change our plans because of his naps, but he is getting better! Tomorrow, Grady's babysitter wanted to go to a women's conference at church, so Mikey and I both took a much needed day off work and we are going to stay home with Grady.  Since Sunday is my birthday, I am calling it my 3 day weekend birthday celebration.  I haven't thought once about sub plans or work related activities! 

8 comments:

Samantha said...

He is so big now! I love how he is moving around everywhere! I can't wait to see you guys again! I miss you! Grady is so cute!!

P.S. Don't you know that you can't turn the VIDEO camera sideways to tape!? Geez! hahah

nancygrayce said...

It WAS time for an update! Now be more regular! :)

The Hatcher's said...

I was wondering what was going on with you guys! I love to see the videos. I know everyone says this, but he is getting so big. I can't wait to see all of you. Have a wonderful day off. I hope you get to do something special for yourself! Love you!

nancygrayce said...

Did I miss video # 1??

The White Family said...

I couldn't get video 1 on there. I'll try again later.

Katie and Beau said...

How cute! He is cruisin' all over the place! I'm loving that Ellie barked during the video, she was jealous that you weren't taping her!

Next time get him waving bye bye, or better yet video him when you go pick him up from Kaye's. That would be hilarious!

Jason and Roxy said...

Love the video... he gives me a perma-grin! Can't wait until him and AC can see each other again... it'll be cute now that they're getting older. We got the car seat base yesterday (figured I'd just tell you here instead of an email). We already have mine in the car and Jason has been anxiously awaiting yours so he can put it in his truck. He's so excited!

Cathy said...

He is just so big!! He will be walking before you know it!!