Thursday, July 9, 2009

Down To Three

And we are back down to three as Katie, Beau, and baby AC (and don't forget Belle and Lilly) are trecking across the country to California. They all left yesterday afternoon. It was a sad day in the White household. I have gotten so used to my sister being with me and having her here to hang out with all day... it's very quiet around here now (except when Grady cries during nap time, which is a whole new issue!). I know they are ready to get to CA and start settling in, so I am glad that they are gone in that aspect. However, it's hard to say goodbye to a 6 day old baby that will probably be 6 months before I see her again. And of course it's always hard to say goodbye to my sister especially when she is going 3000 miles away. If only Beau would just quit that Navy stuff already! :) Grady misses AC already, and Ellie woke up this morning and darted straight to her cousins room, only to find it empty. She is VERY sad- been moping around all day. Here are some pics of Grady and Anna Cross... (he was very intrigued by her!) (Ok, he REALLY wanted to grab ahold of her, but we were close by to make sure he didnt hurt her!) Who knew my kid was so enormous! I cannot even remember the days when Grady was that small. It's hard to believe next time I see Anna Cross, she will be as big as Grady and he will be ONE! Grady is ready to take off and really wants to crawl, but he hasn't quite got it. He gets up on his knees and elbows and rocks back and forth... pretty soon I will NEVER be able to sit down! He started out on the quilt and scooted his way to the wall! Nancy came on Monday along with her beautiful granddaughter, Ashley. She is 17 and Grady LOVED her. He was getting fussy and when she began playing with him, he was happy as a lark. She definitely had a way with him. He could have stared at her all day... He's also enjoying his independence as a mainly "unsupported sitter"...

7 comments:

Rob and Macey said...

I can't wait to meet Grady! I know you are going to miss your sister, but now you have an excuse to visit Sunny California!:)

nancygrayce said...

Yes, and you can fly out there with me! Grady loves his cousin! Those are the cutest pictures of him with Anna Cross...

Christy said...

he's so handsome!!! I can't imagine how hard it was to see them go...I propose a complete road trip.. I'll start here in the east coast and we scoot all the way across....

Katie and Beau said...

we miss you! day two and we're in TX. Aw, man...two more days to go!

Samantha said...

It's sad that they have to go, but they're only a flight away! Let me know what you wanna go!! I'll be right there with you!

Grady keeps getting cuter and cuter! Love you all!

The Hatcher's said...

Thanks for all the pictures! I know you miss your sister, Beau, and Anna Cross. It would be nice if we all lived closer! I can't believe how big Grady is getting, such a handsome little baby!

JC said...

I love that little boy so so much. The pics are adorable and I cannot BELIEVE how big he is getting. I was just thinking to myself if he was going to start crawling soon. AC is beautiful too- what great pics. Smooches to my love!!