Sunday, March 29, 2009

Bummer Weekend

On Saturday morning we left in the terrential downpours to get Grady's three month pictures done. We also had plans to go to the farm straight from there, so we had the car loaded up, Ellie and all. Grady was very uncooperative even though we tried to logically explain to him that he needed to look nice for his three month pictures! We couldn't get him to sit still and look cute! He was squirmy and fussy and just not happy (he really needed a nap). He also refuses to put that little tongue in his mouth! (Hopefully that goes away by the time he enters kindergarten!!!) So we ended up doing 1 1/2 of the three poses and then decided to reschedule for April 8th.

We left from there to head to the farm. We were excited to see Dad and Charlotte and Brian and Robin were there, too. We were about 45 minutes out when we were stopped in traffic and told the road was closed due to flooding. Big sigh, but ok... we turned around and headed another route. We were about an hour the other way when we were stopped again! Another road closure because of flooding. We were told by the police officer there was no way to the farm. All the back roads were washed out. So we turned around and came home. I was really disappointed because I was looking forward to seeing the family. So we spent most of Saturday driving around northwest Florida!!!

Today we are doing the usual... grocery shopping and looking for outdoor furniture. However, our anti-naptaking baby has decided on this particular day to take an extended nap... so we are patiently waiting for him to wake up so we can get our day started!










7 comments:

Katie and Beau said...

I love the overalls without the shirt underneath!

He is definitely his daddy's baby but he so looks like Brian in the last two photos!

Rob and Macey said...

I think it's cute that he sticks out his tongue. I love his outfits, he is so cute!:)

Cathy said...

It was an ugly day, wasn't it!?!? Loved seeing you and Grady the other day!

The White Family said...

OK so this is Mikey talking on this blog. I must admit I do have the cutest baby boy in the whole wide world!! I dont know if you all really see it but I do he is such my cutie pie! One is so blessed to have my great wife and my boy in my life! Just wanted to share that with you all.

The Hatcher's said...

We were sad that we missed all of you! Grady looks so cute! We even told Layla that he was coming and she kept asking to see his picture! It was sweet.

Samantha said...

That sounds terrible! I can't imagine all that in the rain with the full car! What a day!

I hope the rest of your weekend is going better! LOVE YA!!

JC said...

You have to ask my mom to show you the photos of Michael when he was a baby (although knowing Michael- you have seen them a million times)). There's one in particular that he looks freakishly similiar to Grady in the 2nd to last picture. It's crazy! I can't wait to see him!! XOXOXO