Sunday, March 22, 2009

Milestone

Right now as I type Grady is fast asleep in HIS CRIB in HIS OWN ROOM!!!! This is the fist night we've put him in his crib. We've been saying for about 3 weeks now that we are going to do it and each weekend we think of an excuse. But this week, I am on spring break so there is no better time than now. We need our bedroom back and we need to set up healthy sleep habits now. But it is so tempting to go back in there and snatch him up! If just putting him in his crib is a big deal, you aren't even going to want to see me on his first day of Kindergarten (good thing I'm a teacher!!!) Even though his sleeps in his own bed in our room, it still makes me feel better to have him so close. But I told Mikey, at least now we can watch TV in our room with the volume on instead of on mute trying to read lips (yes, we do that)! Hopefully he'll sleep well. Mikey has the monitor in his hand right now! And we can see his bedroom from the couch! Ha!

This week Grady goes to the doctor for another round of shots (Wednesday), on Tuesday mommy gets so much needed "me" time to get my hair done and relax! Grady is staying with Grandma. And on Saturday, we are going for his three month portraits! He'll be 14 weeks on this Thursday.






7 comments:

Cathy said...

Wow....his own bed...I bet he feels all grown up!! Precious!!

Samantha said...

What a big boy! I'm so proud of all three of you!!!

Yay for Spring Break!! This means we are not that far from the last day! YES! Enjoy your week! My spring break is next week.

nancygrayce said...

I love the picture of him with his arm under his head! He looks so relaxed!

I hope there's a day I can come see y'all while you're out of school...let me know o.k?

Rob and Macey said...

Congratulations! :)

Christy said...

So... how was it? Did the little guy make it through...er, did Mommy and Daddy make it through? That little boy is soo cute.

Emily said...

MG, he is doing so good with his motor skills. He is only 3 months old and already doing some great stuff! I am a proud PT auntie. can't wait to see him.

The Hatcher's said...

He's getting big! Can't wait to see him soon.