Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

Now that it's warming up, Grady wants to spend even more time outside.  So, a few weeks ago, we bought a little sprinkler for Grady to play in since we don't have a pool.  He loves it, but when the water goes in his face, it takes his breath away.  Also, he only really likes it when we run through it with him, which requires us getting soaking wet as well!


This past weekend, Mikey's sister Jenine came for a visit.  We had a great weekend and enjoyed seeing her.  We had some people over for a barbeque on Saturday and Mikey smoked some ribs and brisket and grilled hamburgers and hot dogs.  He is the grill master! :)  It was so nice to be able to relax and hang out with friends and not worry about what Grady was doing or where he was... since we were at home, I felt pretty confident he was just doing his usual thing!  Also, Jenine was a big help and kept her eye on him... even came and got me at bedtime to tell me Grady was ready for bed!  He went right to sleep and did not utter a peep, even though people stayed really late and we were not quiet!  I guess I can relax a little about the noise level now that I know he'll sleep regardless... maybe I will stop covering the speaker on the alarm every time I open the door, using my hand to get ice instead of the dispenser, etc! Sunday morning, Grady went to Grandma's so Mikey and I could rest and relax.  It had been a while since I'd had a margarita, so I may have overindulged on Saturday!  I needed a break on Sunday! 

Grady playing with his new friend at the barbeque

We also got a little pool for Grady to play in.  He LOVES it.



Jenine and Grady


Making "fishy face"




I missed seeing my brother, sister in law, and nieces this weekend, though.  They were at the farm visiting my dad, but it was a full house and I didn't think there would be room for us all... but I am sad I missed them! (Hope you guys had a good visit!)

Only one more week and I'll be out of school for the summer. This time of year just drags on and on and on... Grady and I have a busy summer... Gymboree classes, story time at the bookstore, swimming lessons (hopefully), and a trip to San Diego!!!!!! So excited about that!

Mikey is still enjoying his job, but the hours are hard and he is having a really hard time sleeping during the day.  Our evenings usually result in him taking a "nap" right after Grady goes to bed and me doing my own thing for a while!  That's getting old!  It will be challenging this summer since we'll be home all day while he's trying to sleep.  But, despite that, I am just glad he enjoys working for this company and likes the people he works with.

I hope everyone had a great Memorial Day weekend!

5 comments:

Katie and Beau said...

He looks like he's having so much fun with that little boy. How sweet!

That will be tough on y'all to be home during the day while Mikey's trying to sleep. It will probably take you a few weeks to get a system set up. Or, you could just spend the whole summer in SD!

JC said...

It was such a fun weekend! Thanks for a good time and yummy bbq. I could just eat Grady up so all the time in the world with him isnt enough! Good cropping job too on the pic of him and me- the "privates" were kept perfectly private! Lol.

The Hatcher's said...

Glad you all had fun. Mikey's schedule must be hard to adjust to in general, so I am sure it will be difficult for him to sleep during the day (especially when he wants to hang out with his favorite people).

Rob and Macey said...

Aww, it looks like y'all had a fun weekend! I love that pool that you got him. I want one too!

Did you ever get your FCAT scores??

Samantha said...

That is a really cool pool! I'm jealous! Looks like you all had a great time at the BBQ!

Only 1 more day of school now! YAY! I can't wait for the SD trip either!