Friday, May 21, 2010

Grady White, Lizard Lover


.... Not to be confused with Steve Irwin, Crocodile Hunter, although their adventurous personalities are quite similar...

Grady enjoyed chasing this lizard yesterday. 




Mikey caught it and we let Grady hold it.  The lizard got away and Grady actually caught it again! 







Then, he stopped, was silent, and looked at us with a bit of shock in his eyes.  I said, "Mikey, I think that lizard is doing something to him!"  He ran over and that lizard was latched on to Grady's hand like it was his lunch (I'm sure the fact that Grady was squeezing the life out of it had nothing to do with it).  Mikey had to squeeze its mouth until it released, but it did break Grady's skin! 


I told Mikey to throw that stupid lizard as far as he could.  I wish I would have stomped its brains out.   (I'm not going to be a protective mother or anything).

Here is Grady playing outside even though it was raining. We pick our battles around here.  Since it was just drizzling, we just let him play!



Mikey says you can never start too early- he bought Grady his first baseball glove, ball, and bat!



We hope to have a relaxing and restful weekend. Since Mikey and I are working opposite schedules now, it seems like we are busier than ever.  So if I haven't called any of y'all lately, it's because I'm going from 5:30 am until 10:00 pm most nights... and Mikey is going just as much, but opposite hours... it will take some getting used to! 

11 comments:

nancygrayce said...

Grady is all boy! Lizards will bite, that's for sure. I know you're so busy, but call when you can!

Christy said...

Soooo, what about the 365 other days when you didn't call me?! :)
Your kid is precious. Lizards are gross.

Samantha said...

I hate lizards! At least now I know I can call Grady if one gets in the house... No way am I trying to touch one! :)

The Hatcher's said...

I love his little shirt that says, "I'm a Handful"! I cannot believe you picked that lizard up. I agree with Sam lizards are gross.

Love it when he gets pictures in just his diaper. So cute. We've resorted to letting Emma and Addi spending half the afternoon in just a diaper. We take their clothes off at lunch and they stay like that for a few hours. It's so cute.

Rob and Macey said...

I know how protective you are, the whole time I was reading the blog, I kept thinking "I can't believe MG let him hold that lizard!". I'm sure you will never let him hold another lizard!

Just wondering, is the baseball glove also the hat?

Katie and Beau said...

He is such a big boy now. That is so amazing that he caught the lizard himself. What a daredevil!

(Also, by the looks of all the toys you have at your house, I'm a little worried that Grady may be a little bored here.)

The White Family said...

Um how come nobody has mentioned anything about how nice the grass looks?

Katie, Yes he has many toys, as well as ADD so he goes from one toy to another. Kinda like the Tazmanian devil.....he is the devil at times. But he wont be bored with you guys he will have loads of fun.

And by the way Grady held anoher lizard yesterday. They are not gross!!!!

Katie and Beau said...

Mikey, the grass looks awesome. Also I just re-read this post and realized that nobody gave you props for your new job! It must be super hard to work those hours and juggle family life, so kudos to you AND Mary Grace!

Cathy said...

Looks like Grady was having more fun than the lizard up until the lizard decided to have a little Grady for lunch. He is a brave boy!! I don't like lizards. The yard looks wonderful and I give you all lots of credit working different hours like that.
I do feel bad that the poor child has no toys!! Love you all!!

katieaddis said...

I heart lizards.

Samantha said...

Time to post some pics of the pool! I want to see it!