Thursday, February 25, 2010

We've been busy as usual lately, so I haven't had much time to post.  But in order to avoid folding laundry keep you all informed, I thought I'd post.

Mikey had a job interview on base on Tuesday, but not in the same building, instead he'd be working on the flight line.  He was very interested and excited about this job because of the potential to advance, the stablility, and a job he would enjoy.  The Commanding Officer of the base and two other people at work wrote really flattering letters of recommendation for him, praising all sorts of things like his work ethic, devotion to his family (all he talks about is Grady, I know!), and his efficiency at his job.  We really felt confident about this interview and afterwards, he had a good feeling.  Unfortunately, they called the next day and said it had come down to him and a woman who also interviewed but they offered it to her instead.  When the interviewer called Mikey, she even alluded to the fact that since they are an "equal opportunity" employer, that influenced their decision to hire the woman.  So that was a disappointment for us, but I know Mikey did great in the interview. He always presents himself well and is such a people person.  But, as we all know, everything happens for a reason and whatever happens is in God's plan for our lives.  The hard part is accepting that God's plan doesn't always coincide with our plans!  He is still interested in the Farm Bureau position (his first job choice), but that isn't available until later on in the year when the person retires.  We are hoping that he does actually retire.  It is just frustrating for us because Mikey knows what he wants to do, and is well qualified for it, but there are NO jobs right now!  However, our family is blessed to have two working people and a child who is well-cared for.  I know that during these times, not everyone has that.

Other than that, I am busy preparing my students for the FCAT the week after next.  I will be so thankful when it's over.  There is so much pressure on students and teachers during this time and it is exhausting.  Lying in bed each night thinking of a better way to teach fractions or a more engaging way to practice reading strategies is NOT what I want to be doing!  Of course every job comes with stress, but it is always difficult when your effectiveness lies in the hands of 20 nine year olds who can't even sit still! 

Enough about work... here are some pics of our crazy little man...

(don't worry, I have ordered a discipline book, rush delivery)!



Eating "leftovers" before I had a chance to clean up!

Just like a man....

Helping me clean (LOVES the broom)

Bird Watching


This picture cracks me up... he went and got this belt and wanted me to put it on him.  He's playing with my hairclip, too.  Let's hope this is not a prediction of the future!

Something is funny....

This is what happens when Daddy takes over dinner time....



6 comments:

Christy said...

Oh my goodness look at that baby bootie! He's so precious.
I can't wait to see him!

Katie and Beau said...

I just LOVE all the pictures! Especially the bare booty and the belt one. Hysterical.

I can't wait to love on that boy! Let's skype this weekend so the cousins can see each other.

nancygrayce said...

Sorry about the job! Sometimes equal employment opportunities don't feel equal!

That boy! I can't wait to just give him a big squeeze. He's just precious!

The Hatcher's said...

I sure do miss that little booger! He looks like he has so much fun. Has he tried on your high heals yet? Mikey will freak if you combine that with a bow.

Sorry about the job. You have a great attitude though.

Can't wait to see you all soon. The girls are getting big. They are going to try rice cereal this weekend! Can you believe they are 4 months!

Jason and Roxy said...

LOVE the pic of his little booty!! Jason and I cracked up!!! That pic will definitely be ammo later in life...

Samantha said...

Love all these pics!!

I want to Skype too!!!