Friday, February 12, 2010

Baby, It's Cold Outside!

Well, we waited and waited and waited for the snow.  We even had the day off because we can handle a hurricane in FL, but if there are a few snowflakes, we forget how to drive.  It was raining and cold and we kept seeing nearby places on tv with snow flurries all over and kids building snowmen.  Mikey could care less about snow since he got to see it every winter for the first 18 years of his life, but being a southerner, I was very excited.  Finally, around 2 pm it started snowing.  I had just gotten out of the shower, so I had on my bathrobe.  I threw a jacket on Grady, took him outside and we watched the snow fall.  It was really coming down.  Then, I decided to go get dressed in the proper attire for being outside in 30 degree weather, and by the time I came back out, it was over!!!!  I did manage to take a few pics, although they are not that great-



Not too far away, in Brewton, AL, they got a few inches of snow that actually stuck.  Lots of people from here traveled up there to have a play day.  I wish we would have!  I got these from friends on facebook-here is a pic from Brewton, and also one from the FL state line.  I thought it was pretty cute.



So maybe it will happen again in another 15 years.  Who knows!  It's all we've heard about all day, though... it doesn't take much to get us Floridians excited!  Now, I am ready for SPRING!!!!! 

5 comments:

Cathy said...

We had a few flurries here too, but I didn't take any pictures. I, too, am sick of the cold and ready for Spring. According to the weatherman, we are going to have at least another week of this miserable cold weather!!!

nancygrayce said...

We had no snow....just rain. Oh, well. Did you take a picture of Grady with the snow so he'll have it to look back on?

Katie and Beau said...

Aw, too bad it didn't stick. I think Grady would have loved it!

Samantha said...

Well... at least you can say you saw it snow in Florida! However, I'm with you! Bring on the heat!!!

Rob and Macey said...

Trust me, I'm over this cold weather. It has snowed here for three weekends in a row. It all started when Rob left...I wonder if that's reason enough to send him home. Maybe it will stop snowing!