Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Happy Birthday, Mikey!

Yesterday was Mikey's 35th birthday! This birthday was different than any other... he shared it with his little boy (and of course, me but that's no different than the past few years!) We began the celebration early with dinner at Old Bay Steamer on Sunday. That's a restaurant in Fort Walton Beach that serves delicious steamed seafood. Elaine and Katie also came along. Mikey and I both had crab legs and Grady sat in his own little high chair and enjoyed some bananas. :) We had a great time at Old Bay Steamer.
Yesterday on his actual day, Mikey was surprised when he got to work to find his desk and office area decorated and they even had a cake for him. I spent the afternoon scrambling around to get his birthday gift... a Blackberry Storm that he has been wanting for some time, but it has been a whirlwind actually getting it (long story). Anyways, I got it for him finaly and delivered it to his work so he could study every little detail (you know men and their phones). Grady helped Daddy unwrap the rest of his gifts after work and then after he went to bed, we enjoyed steak, sweet potatoes, and asparagus. For dessert we had some yummy ice cream cake... :) (Back on Weight Watchers today for sure!) Speaking of Weight Watchers, I forgot to post a blog about us joining. We joined a little over a month ago and Mikey has lost 23 pounds! I have only lost 10, but I know men lose faster. Once I get back into my exercise regimine, I hope it comes off faster. It's just not right... women do all the work, have the babies, gain the weight, and the men lose weight just by cutting a few calories! And then they don't understand why we can't do it just like they can. Oh well, I'll stick with it and sooner or later I'll lose it! Grady is getting big... he's got two teeth now and is sitting up on his own (with mama close by in case he has a topple)...

7 comments:

Jason and Roxy said...

Happy Birthday to Mikey!

Samantha said...

Happy Birthday, Mikey!! Grady is growing so fast. He just keeps getting cuter and cuter.

P.S. Gram said she wants pictures! :)

Rob and Macey said...

Happy Birthday to Mikey! Wow, Mikey does look like he's lost some weight. He looks good. Even though the picture was tiny, you look gorgeous as always! And Grady has so much hair! Samantha's right, he just keeps getting cuter and cuter!!

The Hatcher's said...

What a sweet family you Whites have become! Grady is getting big! Congratulations on losing the weight. It's a tough thing to do. You are doing a great job!

P.S. I tried to start a blog last night, but got frustrated with importing pictures and deleted my first post. Maybe I will try again later.

The White Family said...

Try again Robin! I got REALLY frustrated the first time I tried to do it, I slammed my computer shut. But then I tried again and it became easier. View your blog in HTML format so that when you import pictures, it just inserts the web address, not the picture. Then you can just cut and paste the link. Get it?

Cathy said...

Happy Birthday Mikey!!!

Misty said...

He is soo cute in these pix. And I am talking about Grady!