Sunday, April 18, 2010

We're Still Here!

I have been slacking with the pictures lately and I think it's just because we've been so busy I haven't remembered to get out the camera.  We haven't done anything exciting either, so unless you want to see a million pictures of Grady roaming around the backyard and me keeping him from the shed, there is nothing new! 

Mikey started a new job (still on base) a couple of weeks ago.  However, he was stilling working at his old job, so for the past two weeks, he's been working from 7 am to 4 pm and then from 4:30 pm to 1:00 am.  That leaves little time for sleep and family time.  So it's been a tiring two weeks for us both.  I've had a taste of being a single, working mom and having no time for anything and he has been pure exhausted from only sleeping about 4 hours a night.  But old job is ended on Friday and he is only working at his new job now.  And he really likes his new job... he stays busy and is up and moving.  He's not a desk type person.  We are hoping and praying that it continues to go well and we'll never have to job search again!  More good news on the job front is that I got my Professional Services Contract on Thursday!  That means that I am no longer an annual contract teacher and I do not have to end each school year wondering whether or not I will have a job for the next year.  I am now "tenured", so I know at the end of each year that I'll be working again the following year! That is a big stress off my shoulders! 

Yesterday, I took Grady to the park when he woke up so Mikey could sleep in and have peace and quiet.  There were ducks at the park and Grady has never seen ducks in real life before, and he was VERY excited.  But I would not put him down because I have had some encounters with psycho ducks before and I didn't want them to attack!  They were getting really close and did not seem scared at all, and one of them made some pretty weird noises, so I just kept backing away.  But next weekend when Mikey can go with us, we're going to take some bread and throw it to them.  I'm sure Grady will love that.  And if anything scary starts to happen, I can run and Mikey can protect Grady.  :)

5 comments:

nancygrayce said...

You could have taken pictures of him with the ducks! :) Congratulations on both job situations! God is blessing you!

Katie and Beau said...

Yay for jobs! And I'm glad your "routine" is starting now. It's no fun being the only parent at home.

P.S. I would like to see pics of Grady in the backyard.

The Hatcher's said...

I know you are both worn out! It is hard when you are the only parent. Glad you got your tenure contract!

Samantha said...

Backyard pictures are fine with me! :)

Ducks can be pretty crazy! When you bring Grady down here we'll go feed the swans! :)

Cathy said...

Congrats on all the good job news!! I, too, would like to see pictures of Grady(and you and Mikey) in the backyard or at the park or anywhere!! Love you all!!