Saturday, August 14, 2010

Summer's End...

Today, we took Grady to a place right outside of Mobile called Kangarooz.  My friend Miranda mentioned it the other day on Facebook, so we decided to give it a try.  It's an indoor inflatable playground with a great toddler area.  It's really clean and nice inside.  It has a cafe and even a stage and a dance floor complete with a disco ball (perhaps Grady's favorite part!).  My Gymboree membership is up since I am about to go back to work, so Grady hasn't had a place, other than the house, to run around and play since we returned from California.  It's still miserably hot and unless we are at the water, we have to stay inside.  So we went over there this morning and Grady loved it.  I have to say I did too!  And it's quite a workout to carry a toddler up the inflatable rock wall in order to slide down!   But he really enjoyed it and even liked the "big kid" inflatables.  We were told by one bratty informative little kid that the baby area was "over there".  Mikey let her know that Grady liked the big ones, too!  I had my eye on that girl, don't you worry.








Dancing on the stage....


Mikey fell coming out of the bounce house and I could not stop laughing!
Grady loved the Kangaroo and followed him into his "dressing room"... he cried when he realized he wasn't coming back out!
Kissing the Kangaroo

After that, we went to Bass Pro Shops next door just to walk around and grab lunch. I've only been to the one in Destin, but this one is much bigger and has lots of mounted animals, which Grady really liked. 

At Bass Pro Shops

I go back to work on Monday, which I am really looking forward to... but I will of course be sad to leave Grady again.  The transition is always hard at first.  It's been a great summer filled with many great memories.  Grady is at a wonderful age, learning so much and doing such funny things.  Last summer was VERY stressful with him because he wasn't sleeping well and he wanted to be held a lot.  Now that he's a little older, we were able to do so much more... Gymboree classes, the river, the pool, the beach, go to CALIFORNIA!!!!!, and just spend time together.  I know he won't remember these times, but the great part about my job is that I will have every summer to spend with him and make lasting memories. 

6 comments:

Miranda said...

I am so glad y'all had as good of a time as we did!!! If you are like me, you will be SORE tomorrow from carrying him up those slides. Goodness, I don't think the foothold could have been any smaller! :o) The pictures are great! Y'all are such a precious family. :o)

Rob and Macey said...

I love the picture of Grady dancing. So cute! And of course, the one of Mikey falling out of the bounce house is pretty funny. I can't believe it's already time for you to go back to work! I'm glad you had such a fun summer!

Katie and Beau said...

I laughed out loud at the pic of Mikey!! Hilarious! Miss y'all! Grady is adorable like always!

Samantha said...

I want to go to that place! It looks fun! We have "Backyard Adventures" here that is like that. It's a great field trip place!!

Love the picture of Mikey falling out of the bouncy house! hahahaha!

nancygrayce said...

You do realize Grady will probably marry that girl??? :)

I loved seeing him play, he's not one to want to do the baby stuff, but maybe Mikey should next time J/K Mikey!

Can't believe the summer is already ending and everyone is going back to work....hope you have a great year and have lots of interesting students! Like you know who!

The Hatcher's said...

Love the pic of Mikey falling and Grady dancing. I saw the videos on youtube too! :) Good stuff!