Friday, July 2, 2010

18 Month Well Check

Grady had his 18 month well check today and the doctor said he is doing great. Height, weight, verbal skills are all on track. He joked with me last time we were there and said he had his ear plugs in when he saw Grady was coming because Grady screams the instant he sees Dr. Hensley. He hates going to the doctor. He was impressed that Grady understands and follows verbal directions so well, like when I say "Go put Mommy's shoes in her closet". Hey, I'm ready for him to start some chores and pick up after us himself. He's a fun little boy and I am definitely enjoying my summer with him.

Here are a few pics of Grady... he had a haircut, by the way.  With the clippers, not scissors.  Almost buzzed.  Whew!  Didn't mean for that much to go, but I'm getting used to it.
Opening Mikey's bday card... loved the music it played

New train table... Craigslist, where else?  :)


Crawled right in the toy chest...

Yelling, "HEYYYY" at the top of his lungs... has to make sure I see him!






First time with a belt... checking it out...
 
Nothing too new is going on, we are just staying busy and out of the house as much as we can so Mikey can sleep!  He is actually changing shifts starting this Tuesday.  He'll not be working nights anymore, but his hours will still be different than mine.  I'll look forward to the weekends when we can see each other and he'll hopefully be well-rested.  Night shift is NO good!  So I'm glad that is over.

Grady is still going to Gymboree and still LOVING it.  We spend a lot of time at the park, running errands, and finding new things to do around town.  We usually go out for lunch together after spending most of the morning out and about, then we come home for naps before Mikey wakes up.  (Yes, I have been enjoying afternoon naps as well!)  This summer is so much different than last summer because Grady can interact with me more and we have a lot of fun together.  That's not to say it's always fun... today he screamed the entire time I was at the mall returning something.  He wanted to play in the driver's seat of the car and was mad that I would not let him do that.  So he didn't get over it for a while.  If I have any errands to run that involve clothes or mostly browsing around, I have to wait until he goes to bed at night and then I go out.  But no toddler is meltdown-free, so that's to be expected! 

We leave for San Diego on Wednesday.  I am so excited to see Katie, Beau, and Anna Cross!  We are staying for three weeks.  We are going to miss Mikey and I don't know what he'll do without Grady for 3 weeks!  Catch up on sleep, I hope!

6 comments:

Samantha said...

I'm looking forward to seeing you and Grady too! :)

He looks cute with his new haircut! I bet that he's cooler with the buzz cut!

See you soon!

Katie and Beau said...

So cute! I'm looking forward to him picking up things at our house, too :)

The Hatcher's said...

I like his haircut and its probably easier for summer since it grows so fast. I am glad you are keeping busy and enjoying your summer. Hopefully Mikey's new shift will be better for all of ya'll.

nancygrayce said...

Precious!!!!! I know Grady and Anna Cross will have fun! You and Katie too :)

Cathy said...

Have fun in San Diego!! I hope the cousins and sisters and brother-in-law have loads of fun!! Love you all!!

Rob and Macey said...

Wow, three weeks! You will have so much fun! I love Grady's new haircut, it's very stylish! Have fun in the Diego.