Sunday, March 14, 2010

Visit from Jenine and Phil

This weekend, Jenine and Phil came for a quick visit.  They got here Thursday night and on Friday, they (Elaine as well) picked him up from day care around 10 so they could spend the day with him.  They went to the park and just played all day.  He LOVES the park and pretty much anything outside!  We were lucky to have gorgeous weather all weekend.  We spent every second of the day yesterday outside.  Mikey smoked some ribs that were DELICIOUS and even made homemade bbq sauce.  Elaine and Jenine fixed coleslaw, baked beans, and pound cake that was yummy, too.  I didn't have to make one thing for dinner!  This morning, we met at Village Inn for breakfast before they hit the road.  It's a long drive back.  Thanks for making the trip guys!  Here is a pic of Grady "helping" Daddy with the ribs....


And would you believe this is basically the only picture I have from the weekend?  Unless you want to count this one in which I'm not exactly sure what Mikey intended to capture, but it was clearly not my face...


How come the mom is always behind the camera, and when she's not, it's pics like this???  Oh well!

I'm annoyed that I didn't take pictures, but I think what happens is that when we have company, they always play with Grady and so I'm not constantly in his face snapping pictures!  I may actually be SITTING down!!!!  Would someone like to come every weekend?  :)

Today, Mikey was mowing the grass/mowing up leaves and of course Grady wanted to hitch a ride.  He LOVES the lawnmower and basically anything that has a steering wheel and goes "vroom vroom" as he likes to say.  I guess the vibrations and humming finally got the best of him because I went outside and this is what I saw...




I went and got him and he went straight down in his crib.  Mikey said "it was the most awesome thing in his whole life".  I'm thinking this may be a new routine for nap time! 

A few days ago, Aunt Sam sent Grady some stylish new clothes for St. Paddy's Day as well as some cute little animal stickers.  Grady loved opening the gifts and the curly ribbon that she used!  By the way, Sam, he must have REALLY liked the stickers because I found a clump of them stuck together in his crib!






6 comments:

Katie and Beau said...

How adorable! He is totally posing for that last picture! Sam is so sweet. Maybe AC's is lost in the mail, Sam? Juuuuuuuuuuuust kidding!

That is so cute that he fell asleep on the lawn mower! I'm so glad you got a picture of it. That boy was worn out!

Glad you had fun with your company. I'm glad they were able to come see that sweet boy.

Rob and Macey said...

So cute! I can't believe he fell asleep on the lawn mower!

JC said...

I'll send you some! I have a ton :) I miss him already!!

The Hatcher's said...

I guess the lesson here is when they are really tired they will sleep! Ha! That is so funny he fell asleep like that!

Samantha said...

Too Cute on the lawn mower! Mikey looks like he was on cloud nine! I think he might be into that nap time routine too!

I think Mikey was trying to take a picture of your HOT body! How much weight have you lost now? You look awesome!!!

AND... I love that he liked his presents! :) He's such a sweetie! What holiday is next? I love shopping!

Katie... Send me your address! Girl stuff is SO CUTE! I'm sure I can find AC something!

Longest comment ever! :) LOVE YA!

nancygrayce said...

How sweet! I'm so ashamed that I didn't send him anything or any of the babies!