Sunday, February 8, 2009

Man, Things Sure Have Changed...

I used to be so annoyed by these moms out there that would go out in public looking like they don't care one bit about their appearance. You know the type...sweatpants, slobber over their left hand shoulder, no makeup, hair up, tennis shoes, etc. They have their baby hanging to the front of them in one of those hippy slings or carriers. I would think, I'm sure they are busy, but can't they at least try???

Well, I thought it would never happen to me, but now I get it and I sure do empathize. Basically, I'm one of those moms. At this point, I'm lucky to have a quiet shower with time to shave my arm pits, let alone a full leg and of course the time for my 45 minute hair and make up routine. Forget the three shades of eyeshadow, perfectly layered and creased in the corner. I basically slap on a neutral shade and throw on a crooked line of eyeliner... crooked because I'm steadily using one foot to bounce Grady in his seat next to me on the floor and also because I'm merrily singing, "It's ok, mommy's almost done!!!"

As far as the clothes, well now I understand why they wear the elastic waist pants... two reasons- 1- they have no clean clothes, and 2- they only have two pairs of post maternity pants that fit and even those create fat spillage over the top.

My mani's/pedi's?? Long gone. I have short stubby nails now and calluses I need an electric sander to cure.

Oh, and those hippy baby carrier? I own one. It's great for cleaning, cooking, and folding laundry!

I've even typed this with only one hand while Grady eats. I'm lucky to have gotten this far.

So, all those size two, bleached blondes, full make-up, in style moms can kiss it. They must have a maid and a nanny. Oh yeah, and I'm sure they don't eat either.

But I sure do love my baby boy!




9 comments:

Samantha said...

Who cares about "those" moms! YOU'RE STILL HOT!!! Prettiest mommy I know - Just ask Mikey... He'll back me up! Grady looks like a little man now! I can't believe how big he has gotten! I miss you like crazy! We need to start planning our next get together!!!

Jason and Roxy said...

I love you! Your narratives always crack me up... whether it be a blog or an email... I can always visualize your stories!!! Grady is such a handsome little man... especially in that last pic. When do you go back to work?

Katie and Beau said...

Oh, great...I only wear one shade of neutral eyeshadow with crooked eyeliner NOW. What does that mean I'll look like after BB comes???

Misty said...

YOU ARE HILARIOUS!! SO, TRUE! It will get better, in about a year.LOL

nancygrayce said...

Yes, you're marching to the beat of a different drummer these days! A tiny boy who holds the whip and tells mommy what to do! :) Grady is your new master! I'll bet you look so pretty, you always have.

The White Family said...

In a YEAR, Misty???? That long? I don't know if I can make it a year with only 2 pairs of pants! Just kidding, I know what you mean. Hopefully Grady will grow out of this "I want to be held all the time stage" pretty soon! And Katie, you better start cakeing on the make up now so when BB is born, you just fall back into your old routine of only one layer. For real. :)

katieaddis said...

HAHAHAHAHA! And people ask me why I don't want kids.

JC said...

I don't even have words. I am crying over here, in my new- 'everyone in my office can see me' designed cubicle. You are hysterical- and you're right, they do have nannies. I can't even get through a day of cleaning at my house without looking like hell and that's only after dealing with the husband and the dogs. YIKES!

Cathy said...

Well, all I know is the other day that we had lunch, you looked gorgeous....I think you had all your layers of eyeshadow on. You are a natural beauty, so you have nothing to worry about......and you have such a beautiful baby!!!