Monday, December 22, 2008

Four Days Old

Last night was another long night... Grady stayed up so late. He screamed every time we tried to lay him down and the only thing that would keep him momentarily content was walking around the house with him in our arms. That gets old quick. His stomach was making all sorts of sounds, so we both thought he had a stomach ache. Finally, around 2 am, he "blew out his drawers" (Mikey's words). But thank goodness, because then he calmed down. We layed him down and about 15 minutes later, the explosion happened again. After that, he slept soundly until 5:45 am, and then I fed him and he went right back to sleep... we all woke up again around 9 and have been going ever since!

We took him to see the pediatrician today because we thought he was looking a little yellow. Turns out he is jaundice, which is no big deal. The doc said to get him in the sunlight. We have to go back tomorrow for another blood test and hopefully there will be an improvement.

I got peed on tonight. So did the wall, the changing table, and Grady! But not Mikey! He managed to dodge the sprinkler and ducked for cover. Everyone told me that would happen and I knew it would, but it is still shocking when it happens! And I'm sure it won't be the last time. :)

One thing I am working on is putting the child down for a few minutes! I feel like he needs to be held night and day and Mikey wants to utilize all our baby equipment (swing, bouncer, etc). He convinced me a little while ago to put him in the bouncer seat and he loves it! And I kind of like have a free hand for a while. I feel a little guilty not holding him, but that's silly and probably me being hormonal (shocking, I know).

Right now we are trying to plan out the night for optimal sleep! I'm not sure there is any planning with a 4 day old, but we are both tired and hoping to get a few good hours of sleep tonight. Time to feed him and then hopefully tuck him in snugly!

Wish as luck as we begin another night time adventure! And for those of you with children, feel free to share any words of encouragement as to when the sleepless nights will end. And DON'T say never or I'll kill you!

4 comments:

Katie and Beau said...

Soooo, how'd it go? Hopefully you're still sleeping!

nancygrayce said...

I hope for a good night's sleep. That's all I'm saying! :)

Cathy said...

I'm sure he will sleep thru the nite soon and then sleepness nites will just be for when he is a teenager!!!

The Hatcher's said...

Hey, I just realized you had a blog too! I'm glad we will be able to keep up with Grady's life online!
Love, Robin